Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic warned Russia to stop efforts by the Russian military company Wagner to recruit soldiers from his country.
Serbia In the news in the media, Vucic’s, WagnerStatements about trying to recruit soldiers from Serbia were evaluated.
Vucic stated that it was “unfair” to invite Serbs to fight in Ukraine and said, “Serbia is the only country in Europe that does not impose sanctions on Russia. Russia should stop Wagner’s efforts to recruit troops from Serbia. Such an approach is also against Serbian law.” Use the phrase.
Meanwhile, the pro-Moscow news portal RT, Wagner, UkraineHe stated that he published the advertisement in the Serbian language that he was looking for fighters in Turkey and encouraged people in this direction.
Then, US Undersecretary of State Derek Chollet, who visited Serbia last week, expressed concern about Wagner’s activities there.
On the other hand, while it is known that the Wagner company, owned by the Russian oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin, operates in many countries, mostly on the African continent, the Russian military company in question announced that it had established a “friendship and cooperation center” in Serbia. Last month.
- Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?
- Balkans | Mine panic off Bulgaria￼
- Balkans | Austria will support Bulgaria in the fight against illegal immigration
- Balkans | Croatian Borgana Cristo is the new chairperson of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | NATO advocates avoiding divisive rhetoric in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | There were tense moments during the discussion of the eavesdropping scandal in the Greek parliament
- Russia: Ukraine continued its attacks despite the declaration of a cease-fire
- Balkans | Rejected from Germany to Serbia
- Balkans | Hungary supports Bosnia and Herzegovina’s membership in the European Union
- Balkans | n. The Macedonian Honorary Consulate was opened in Edirne