Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic stated that they wanted to strengthen the special forces and announced that 5,000 people would be drafted into the army.
Vucic made a statement following the meeting held at the Military Club in the capital, Belgrade, where the activities and conditions of the Serbian army in 2022 were discussed.
Vucic indicated that his country will focus in the future on domestically produced drones, and we will conduct studies to strengthen the special forces. In this context, I will demand the announcement on February 15, the State Day, that 5 thousand people will be recruited into the special units.
Vucic stated that they will also carry out activities in order to strengthen the defense industry and stated that they have decided to increase the salaries of soldiers.
Expressing that the war in Ukraine had a negative impact on Serbia, Vucic said, “We cannot import the military equipment that we paid for. Likewise, we cannot bring in spare parts. Therefore, we will focus on our strengths.” Use phrases.
Defense Minister Milos Vucevic also expressed his pleasure at the patriotism shown by the Serbian Army in times of crisis, and stressed that the Army fully carried out orders in the recent tension with Kosovo.
Vucevic stressed that they will continue to work to strengthen the defense of Serbia, and stressed that his country maintains its neutral military position.
- Balkans | The foreign ministers of the EU countries met with Ukraine’s main agenda
- Balkans | President Erdogan: We will never forget Srebrenica so that we do not witness similar atrocities
- Balkans | Justice Minister Loga met with former President of the Constitutional Court Mourad
- Balkans | NATO provides a support package to enhance the defense capability of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Kosovo celebrates 15 years of its independence
- An activist was killed by the Hezbollah terrorist organization
- Balkans | Italian referee for the Argentina-Croatia match
- Balkans | TMBH Chairman Seraj demanded the resignation of Interior Minister Spasovsky
- Balkans | Presentation from Abazović to Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | Power outage in part of Skopje on Sunday morning