The Kosovo Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Diaspora banned Petar Petković, the so-called director of the Kosovo administration of the Serbian government, from entering Kosovo. Although he was denied entry, the reason for the ban was not disclosed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
A written statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Diaspora stated that it was confirmed that the request of Serbian official Petar Petkovic to enter the Republic of Kosovo was not approved this time.
This is not the first time that Kosovo institutions have denied Petkovic entry to the country. Petković has twice been denied entry to Kosovo in 2022.
Petković referred the case to Miroslav Lajác, the EU’s Special Envoy for Dialogue, to the United States of America and the Quinte countries.
- Balkans | General elections will be held in Greece on May 21.
- Balkans | Bulgaria: Negotiations are continuing with Turkey to obtain one billion cubic meters of LNG capacity
- Balkans | An arrest warrant was issued against Paludan, who burned the Quran in Sweden.
- Balkans | Gjakova Airport will be used for defense purposes
- Balkans | The leader of the Serbs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cvijanović, received the Turkish ambassador to Sarajevo
- Balkans | Belgrade academics are calling for the abolition of Putin’s honorary doctorate
- Balkans | NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg and Serbian President Vucic discuss the situation in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | A message of friendship from Erdogan to Greece
- Balkans | Police intervened in the protest in Greece over the train accident last week
- KFOR removes barriers in Yaringi