World No. 1 Novak Djokovic was bid farewell to the men’s singles tournament in Rome, which he won last year, in the quarter-finals.
The tournament, which was held for the 80th time this year on clay courts at the Foro Italico complex in the capital, Rome, continued with the quarter-finals of the men’s singles category.
In the first match of the day, the reigning Rome Open champion, world number 1 Serbian Djokovic and seventh seed Holger Rohn of Denmark shared their trump cards on Center Court.
The 35-year-old Djokovic, who did not start well in the first set of the match, lost the first set 6-2 to his opponent. Djokovic, who recovered in the second set, took the set 6-4 and continued the match.
Never slowing down, Ron, 20, won the final set of the match 6-2.
Ron, who was twice interrupted by rain and Djokovic’s failing health and dominated the Serbian racket 2-1 in the fighting sets, which lasted 2 hours and 19 minutes in total, made his mark in the semi-finals. With this result, Ron will play the semi-finals of the Rome Open for the first time in her career.
Djokovic, the second oldest champion in Rome six times after Spanish racket Rafael Nadal, has played in the finals in 8 of the last 9 years in this tournament and became the champion last year.
- Balkans | Confession from the Greek press: Let’s face it, we can’t compete with Türkiye
- Balkans | Some of the income from the Greek derby will be donated to the earthquake victims.
- Balkans | Armed attack in the Turkish bazaar of Skopje: two dead
- Balkans | Karjali district organization of the Bulgarian Red Cross collects donations for earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | Corti spoke of the tension in northern Bratislava
- Balkans | Bulgaria has responded to the Russian search warrant for journalist Christo Grozev
- Balkans | The world welcomes the new year with enthusiasm
- Balkans | Vedat Muriqui was named Kosovo’s Footballer of the Year
- Balkans | The cabinet reshuffle will be voted on in Parliament on Monday
- Balkans | 433 young men will join the Kosovo Police Force