In the third major tennis tournament of the season, Wimbledon reached the second round with world No. 1 Polish tennis player Iga Switek in women’s singles and Serbian athlete Novak Djokovic, world No. 2 in men’s singles.
Wimbledon, one of the four most important tournaments in the tennis season with the Australian Open, the French Open (Roland Garros) and the US Open, which was organized from July 3 to 16 this year, started with the main table matches in London. , the capital of England.
The 36-year-old Djokovic, who has won Wimbledon 7 times, including the last 4 events, defeated Argentine Pedro Cachin 6-3, 6-3, 7-6 in the first round, 3-0 to reach the second round.
In men’s singles, Norway’s fourth-seeded Casper Ruud defeated French athlete Laurent Lokoli 6-1, 5-7, 6-4, 6-3 in groups 3-1 and advanced to the next round.
Women’s Swiatek, Pegula and García in the second round
The Polish tennis player Iga Swiatek, ranked 1 in the women’s singles world, defeated her Chinese opponent Lin Zhu 2-0, 6-1, 6-3 and reached the second round.
In women, American Jessica Pegula defeated American fourth seed Lauren Davis 6-2 6-7 6-3 in 2-1 sets and made her mark in the next round.
French player Caroline Garcia, seeded fifth in the women’s singles, beat American opponent Katie Volinetz 2-0 6-4 6-3 sets and advanced to the second round.
- Balkans | The Kupro Association organizes the “Solidarity Bazaar with Turkey”
- Balkans | The book “If You Don’t Get Lost, This City Is Still Yours” was presented in Skopje
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina will once again export beef to Turkey within the scope of the FTA
- Balkans | Osmani: The attacks on the Ukrainian people must stop
- Balkans | Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis: We will build the steel wall in Meric
- Balkans | Issue 101 of Cardiline magazine is out
- Balkans | Can a Turk be a mediator in Kosovo?
- Balkans | 3 suspects of the FETO organization were arrested while trying to flee to Greece
- Balkans | Borrell: Kosovo and Serbia agree to implement the EU plan
- Balkans | For the second Friday prayer of Ramadan, tens of thousands stood at Al-Aqsa Mosque.