In the third tennis tournament of the season, Wimbledon reached the third round with world No. 1 Polish tennis player Iga Switek in women’s singles and world No. 2 Serbian athlete Novak Djokovic in singles.
The matches of the third day were held at the main table of the Australian Open, the French Open (Roland Garros), the US Open and Wimbledon, which is one of the four most important tournaments of the tennis season, which was held in London, the capital of England.
The 36-year-old Djokovic, who has won Wimbledon 7 times including the last 4 events, defeated Australian tennis player Jordan Thompson 6-3, 7-6, 7-5 in the second round and reached the third round.
Third seed in the men’s singles Daniil Medvedev defeated Briton Arthur Ferry 3-0 in sets 7-5 6-4 6-3 and made his mark in the second round.
In men’s singles, fifth-seeded Greek athlete Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Austrian tennis player Dominic Thiem 3-6, 7-6, 6-2, 6-7, 7-6 in sets 3-2 and advanced to the second round.
In men, the American ninth seed Taylor Fritz defeated his German opponent Yannick Hanfmann 6-4, 2-6, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in sets 3-2 and reached the second round.
Swiatek advanced to round 3, and Sakkari was eliminated in the first round
The Polish tennis player Iga Swiatek, ranked 1 in the world, defeated the Spanish athlete Sarah Sorribes Tormo 2-0, 6-2, 6-0, and advanced to the third round.
The Greek tennis player, seeded 8 Maria Sakkari, won the first set 6-0 in the women’s singles over her Ukrainian rival Marta Kostyuk, but lost the next two sets 7-5 and 6-2, losing 2-1 and was knocked out of the tournament in the first round.
- Balkans | Kosovo and Serbian leaders meet in Brussels
- Balkans | Bulgaria, the country with the lowest GDP per capita in the European Union
- Balkans | Slovenia is ready to support Bosnia and Herzegovina in the process of joining the European Union
- Balkans | EU Commission President von der Leyen visited Croatia, which is part of the Schengen area
- Balkans | Bulgaria may enter Schengen in October
- Balkans | “The night that inspired the world, July 15th” was held in Albania
- Balkans | Croatia and Japan will face each other in the round of 16.
- Balkans | Konakovich: Our foreign policy priorities are in the European Union, NATO and regional stability
- Balkans | 250 students graduated from the University of Sarajevo
- Balkans | Kosovar President Osmani met with representatives of the European Union and the United States