Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic, who won 21 Grand Slam titles in his career, started the new season with a defeat.
The 35-year-old tennis player, who took part in the Adelaide International 1 preparation tournament held before the Australian Open, the first major tournament of the season, which will start on January 16, has become a partner with Canadian Vasek Pospisil in men’s doubles.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Tomislav Brekic and Colombian Gonzalo Escobar defeated Djokovic-Pospisil 2-1 in sets 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 in the first round, which lasted an hour and 29 minutes.
Djokovic, who was not allowed to participate in the Australian Open that was held last year due to his refusal to be vaccinated against the new type of Corona virus (Covid-19), received a lot of attention from the stands during the match that was held in the country where he returned. After a long break.
Novak Djokovic is the most successful tennis player in Australian Open history, with 9 titles.
- Balkans | If global temperatures continue to rise, 32 percent of the mass of land ice could be lost by 2100.
- Balkans | Albania breaks the record in tourism
- Balkans | Tensions continue to rise between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | TDP: Amendment to the Population Registration Act is totally unacceptable
- Balkans | Mirza Varisanovic takes command of Sarajevo
- Balkans | Isa Bey School, Tetovo Girls Branch, has handed over its 16th generation graduates
- Balkans | “Macedonia deserves a fair chance to enter the European Union unconditionally”
- Balkans | Karadi, Chairman of the MRF Party in Bulgaria, and Minister Soylu met earthquake victims in Kahramanmaraş for breakfast.
- Balkans | 5 members of the FETO organization were caught trying to flee to Greece
- Balkans | Karjali municipality sent a truck loaded with relief materials to Syria