With the organization of the Embassy of Turkey in Sofia, the shipment of 70 containers produced in Bulgaria, which will be a temporary home for the earthquake victims, began to be shipped to the earthquake-affected areas of Kahramanmaraş on February 6.
36 fully prefabricated containers equipped with toilets, showers, water heaters and geysers have been installed in the earthquake-stricken Pazardzhik district. The train is expected to enter Turkey from the Kapıkule border gate after midnight.
Another 34 containers under production will be shipped on March 14.
Turkey’s ambassador to Sofia, Aylin Itcuk, visited Hasan Kulov, the owner of the container plant, who was one of the first to lend a helping hand after the earthquake, and gave his thanks on behalf of Turkey.
Ambassador Itcock emphasized that the Bulgarian Railways Directorate (BDJ) and the Bulgarian Ministry of Transport and Communications contributed greatly to the smooth delivery of containers to the earthquake zone.
Kulov visited the chairman of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (HÖH) party, mostly Turks and Muslims, Mustafa Karadi, and Ambassador Itkok, in his office, immediately after the February 6 earthquake, and participated in determining the decision. of supplies that can be sent to Turkey. Kolov had previously donated 6 containers that were sent to Hatay, Kahramanmaraş and Adiyaman.
- Balkans | Critical day in relations between Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | Croatian footballer Jvardiol donated his signed jersey to the earthquake victims
- Balkans | More than 6,000 migrants attempted to cross into Bosnia and Herzegovina illegally last year.
- Balkans | The “Most Successful Foreign Investment in Bosnia and Herzegovina” award was awarded to Ziraat Bank
- Balkans | Bulgarian Turks want more representation in politics and equal opportunities in government cadres
- Balkans | The Bulgarian People’s Party will restore its mandate to form a second government next week
- Balkans | The budget of the Ministry of Education for the next year is 450 million euros
- Balkan Time | Question 3 – The right to self-determination: the case of Kosovo and Karabakh
- Balkans | The shot of the Balkan lullaby in Skopje has reached its twenty-fifth episode.
- Balkans | Assistance continues from Greece for the earthquake zone