Slovenian Foreign Minister Tanja Vagon said that negotiations should start as soon as possible to normalize relations between Kosovo and Serbia.
Fagon met his counterpart, Donica Jervala Schwartz, in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo.
Speaking at the joint press conference held after the meeting, Vagon said that Slovenia supports the dialogue process between Kosovo and Serbia.
Kosovo should make active efforts to normalize relations. Kosovo and Serbia should discuss the EU proposal on the table for full normalization of relations and start negotiations so that tensions do not escalate in northern Kosovo,” he said.
Referring to local elections scheduled for April in northern Kosovo, Vagon called for “free and fair elections”.
Vagon also mentioned that Slovenia should cooperate with Kosovo in many areas such as energy and water resources and waste management.
Kosovo’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Diaspora Donica Jervala Schwarz stated that Slovenia is one of the main supporters of the integration of the Balkan countries into the European Union.
“Our region is in a dangerous phase, we must face this new reality because if we don’t react, our situation could become even more dangerous,” said Gervala Schwartz. Use the phrase.
Noting that Serbia threatens the Balkans with war as “Russia’s closest ally and representative in the region,” Jervala Schwartz said that countries must provide a joint response so that such threats do not succeed.
- 12 of the most important gods and goddesses in ancient Roman mythology
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic receives the British special envoy to the Western Balkans Peach
- Balkans | An Albanian family looks at the smallest Quran in the world
- Balkans | An invitation to the Friday sermon on “Protecting the Holy” from the International Union of Muslim Scholars
- Balkans | Forest fires in Greece cannot be controlled despite all efforts
- Balkans | Serbian tennis player Dusan Lajović wins the Serbian Open
- Balkans | Turkey extends a helping hand to the flood victims in Serbia
- Balkans | Jirvala confirms that the European Union is preparing to impose sanctions on Kosovo
- Balkans | Bomb threat on the Central Bank and nine secondary schools
- Balkans | Kosovo celebrates the twenty-fourth anniversary of its freedom