They named the cat she found and adopted in Hatay after Alina Olmes, who was rescued from the rubble 248 hours after the earthquake struck, said Sabahattin Spahovic, a member of the Federal Civil Protection Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which was involved in earthquake search and rescue efforts. .
Spahovic, 49, a FUCZ member, told Anadolu Agency (AA) how they named the cat she found in Hatay, where she was involved in search and rescue efforts, after Alina, which symbolizes “miraculous deliverance,” and how they lived in Turkey. .
Stating that they could not believe what they faced when they came to Turkey, Spahović said, “We saw pictures like the end of the world. The area we visited with cars and helicopters was very scary. Similar situation to the situation in Turkey. He said.
Recalling that a man came to them at around 02:00 one night and asked them to get to his family, Spahovic said they went to work and found the child’s sneakers and handed them over to his father.
Spahovic said, “My 12-hour shift was coming to an end, as I was leaving the field, I turned around and saw that guy sitting on the bucket crying. I’ll never forget that moment.” He said.
This cat will be the symbol of life.
They worked in coordination with AFAD teams for 8 days, said Spahovic, “When we received the information that we were going back to Bosnia and Herzegovina, we went to the camp where we were staying to get ready and a cat appeared before me. He was scared and trembling, as if God had sent him to us. I held the cat in my arms and said to him, “You are going to Bosnia with us,” I said. He was with us in the car and we fed him.” Use phrases.
Noting that they had begun to think about naming the cat, Spahovic said, “We focused on our experiences in Turkey. We remembered the girl (17-year-old Aline Olmez), who was rescued in the 248th hour of the earthquake. Thus, we named the cat ‘Alina’.” . He said.
Expressing that the cat will remain a memory for them (from Turkey), Spahovic said, “(The cat) unfortunately, will always remind us of the pain of Turkish citizens, but it will also keep the memory of the little girl who survived. This cat will be a symbol of life. Trauma has receded, and now she is eating well.” And you sleep.” He said.
Spahovic stated that what they experienced during the days they spent in Turkey had a great impact on them, and he said that they had to seek psychological support, and that what happened was heavy, but they would struggle to return to their daily lives.
- Balkans | “SDSM and BDI government paid 73 million advance payments for electricity imports in two days”
- Balkans | Raiding companies linked to spyware in Greece
- Balkans | Albania continues to send relief trucks to the earthquake zones
- Balkans | President Bendarovski celebrated Turkey Day December 21
- Balkans | Member of the Supreme Council for Religious Affairs in Turkey, Aydemir: We performed a dreamy morning prayer in Skopje
- Balkans | Tickets for the Turkey-Croatia match are on sale
- Balkans | Two new missions from Belgrade to Turkey
- Balkans | If the name of the final is not changed, then France and Croatia will go down in history
- Balkans | He invited Corti and Vucic to Brussels
- Balkans | 6 million dinars from the North Macedonian government for the earthquake victims in Turkey