Austrian Minister of the Environment, Energy and Transport Leonor Gossler said speeding drivers posed a serious danger to their environment and their vehicles would be confiscated.
Gewessler, at the press conference, shared the new bill intended for those speeding in traffic with the public.
Minister Gossler said those who drive at excessive speed posed a serious danger to their environment and that they would take the “criminal (vehicle) element” out of the people involved.
Gewessler noted that speeding drivers completely lose control of traffic, causing fatal accidents.
According to the new draft law, the police will tie the car of the person concerned at the scene of the accident and refer the situation to court for anyone who exceeds the speed limit inside and outside the city. The court will decide based on how much and how many times a person exceeds the speed limit.
If the driver is caught at 80kph in the city and 90kph outside the city, his car will be temporarily impounded.
However, if the speed limit is exceeded excessively, for example, if the driver is caught at 120 kilometers per hour in the city and 220 kilometers per hour outside the city, his car will be confiscated and sold at auction. Revenue will be shared between the local and central units.
- Balkans | The candidacy of two public prosecutors to represent Bulgaria in the EU Prosecutor’s Office has been approved, one of them has been rejected
- Balkans | Serbia to help earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria
- Balkans | Aid for flood victims in Kosovo from Turkish soldiers
- Balkans | Albanian Foreign Minister Shaka Hakan Fidan congratulated him on his new assignment
- The best soccer players of 2022 have been announced
- Balkans | About 3.6 percent of the world’s population lives outside the country of birth.
- Balkans | Schmidt: Dayton does not limit real estate ownership
- Balkans | Slovakia and Slovakia support the talks between Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | A new provocation from the Greek Chief of Staff, Constantinos Floros, on the Turkish border￼
- Balkans | Izetbegovic: “They are waiting for Schmidt”