I organized a rally in support of women who experienced sexual harassment and rape during the 1998-1999 Kosovo War in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo.
The Minister of Justice of Kosovo, Albolina Hakcho, representatives of institutions, victims of sexual harassment and rape and citizens attended the rally organized by the Presidency of Kosovo and the Rehabilitation Center for Victims of Torture.
She was kidnapped and raped by the Serbian police on April 14, 1999. to violence Vasvije Krasniqi, who became the voice of the survivors, said in her speech that for many, April 14 was just a date, but for her it was the worst day of her life.
Krasniqi, who was only 16 at the time of her rape, said:SerbiaI want to turn this day into strength and courage so that our voices can be heard around the world about our actions. He said.
Kosovo’s Minister of Justice, Hakshaw, pledged support to the victims and expressed the need for a common resolve to end all forms of sexual violence.
kosovo government, Kosovo At the suggestion of President Fyuza Osmani, the day of 14 April was dedicated to the victims of sexual violence during the Kosovo War.
The Kosovo government began the process of registration and verification of victims of sexual harassment and rape in the Kosovo War in February 2018. By April, 1,473 cases had been confirmed, of which 1,402 were women and 71 were men.
It is estimated that around 20,000 people were victims of sexual harassment and rape during the Kosovo War.
- Balkans | Young kickboxer Türker dedicates his first spot to the earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | Bomb threat in some schools in Serbia
- Balkans | “If Kovacevsky really believes that the government has successfully dealt with the crisis, let’s go to the elections.”
- Balkans | 330 cases of femicide have been committed in Serbia since 2010
- Balkans | Corti: The draft regulation submitted by the Serbian side is unconstitutional
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Osmani met with Zelensky
- Balkans | WhatsApp has agreed to abide by the rules of the European Union
- Balkans | Erdogan’s next target resonates in Greece
- Balkans | The areas of cooperation between Türkiye and Greece are expanding with a positive agenda
- Balkans | A student from Tetofu Maarif School won seventh place in the international science competition