Abdullah Skaka, former mayor of Sarajevo and current ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Qatar, has been arrested on suspicion of abusing his position during his presidency (2016-2020).
According to the news, which was confirmed by Klix.ba, Skaka was detained by the Sarajevo County Ministry of Interior officials after searches carried out at various points in the municipalities of Stari Grad, Center and Voguška under the supervision of the Canton Prosecutor’s Office.
Operation Insight, in which Sakaka was arrested, is being carried out under various allegations of misconduct, forgery of official documents, bribery and other interests.
Some time ago, Mayor of Stari Grad Ibrahim Hadzipagirić and former Mayor of Ilica Sneed Mimic were also arrested for misconduct.
- Balkans | Greek Foreign Minister Dendias visited Kosovo
- Balkans | Equipment support from Turkey for the Albanian police
- Balkans | Kovachevsky: We are managing the energy crisis in the best way in the region
- Balkans | The death toll from a train accident in Greece has risen to 57
- Balkans | China has reported a decrease in the number of patients and deaths in the COVID-19 outbreak
- Balkans | Hinović from Search and Rescue Team BiH: None of us could have imagined the disaster
- Balkans | A 140-kilometer steel fence will be built on the banks of the Evros River from Greece
- Balkans | Arben Vitia has been reappointed as Kosovo’s Minister of Health
- Balkans | The United States condemns the police deployment in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Support Contract for Kosovo in North Macedonia