According to the final results of the early general elections held on Sunday, April 2, 2023, announced by the Bulgarian Central Election Commission (CEC) just before midnight, six political entities are entering the 49th session of the People’s Assembly.
They are Citizens for European Development in Bulgaria (GERB) – Alliance of United Democratic Forces (SDS), Pursue Change (PP) – Democratic Bulgaria (PP-DB), Vizrajdane Party (Rebirth), Movement for Rights and Freedoms. (MRF), the alliance of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and the People’s Var Party (ITN). The Rising Bulgaria Party and the Alliance of Left Parties failed to pass the 4% electoral threshold to enter parliament. While the GERB-SDS coalition was the first political force with 669,924 votes, the PP-DB coalition maintained the second position with 621,069 votes. With 358,174 votes, Vizrajan finished third, and MRF with 347,700 votes placed fourth. They were followed by the BSP coalition with 225,914 votes and the ITN party with 103,971 votes. 109,095 voters ticked the box with the words “I do not support anyone”.
The head of the Central Election Commission, Kamilia Nikova, announced at the committee meeting the number of seats that the six parties and coalitions, which have crossed the 4 percent threshold and entered the 49th session of the People’s Assembly, will receive. The GERB-SDS Alliance will be represented by 69 MPs, PP-DB Alliance 64, Vızrajdane 37, MÖH 36, BSP Alliance 23 and ITN 11 in the new assembly. No independent representative was elected in this election.
- Balkans | According to the opposition in Greece, the problems in the railways were reported to the authorities
- Balkans | A chain of solidarity from Greece to Bodrum
- Balkans | The Grand Mufti of Bulgaria donated 1,940,000 leva to the earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | Putin, Aliyev and Pashinyan discussed the Azerbaijani-Armenian conflict in Moscow
- Balkans | Schmidt criticized Dodik in a report to the UN Security Council
- Balkans | As China opens its borders, more and more countries are taking measures to close their doors to the pandemic
- Balkans | He criticized what happened to an elderly Bosnian couple who were beaten in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | An aid convoy carrying containers for earthquake victims has left Bosnia and Herzegovina in Turkey
- Balkans | Invitation to the Sakarya Metropolitan athlete from the Grand Prix Sarajevo tournament
- Balkans | Signing of a grant agreement from the European Union in the amount of 70 million euros for the wastewater treatment plant in Skopje