According to the statement of the Prime Ministry of Bulgaria, the Council of Ministers has adopted a bill amending the Law on Bulgarian Identity Documents. The purpose of the changes is to make it easier for citizens to issue identity documents.
One of the proposed changes is to remove the requirement to change a vehicle’s driver’s license when changing a permanent residence address to another connected residence.
It envisages an extension of the express issuance service within 3 days of the license replacement period in the event of a change in the driver’s data in connection with a change of surname and phonemes, due to expiration and expiration, as well as in the event of issuance of a duplicate. The scope of service also includes: obtaining a license for the first time to drive a vehicle of a certain class; change of driver’s license due to obtaining a new category license; reinstatement of driver’s license after awarding penalty points; Reinstating the driver’s license due to refusal of the category.
The law provides a legal opportunity for Bulgarian citizens to have electronic identity documents on their identity cards. In this way, identity cards can be used as carriers of an electronic identifier within the meaning of the Electronic Identity Act.
In addition to residence permits issued to foreigners residing in our country, the option of registering electronic identity documents in passport type documents has also been arranged. In addition to passports with a validity of up to 10 years under certain circumstances, temporary identity cards are expected to be issued to people who have been sentenced to a sentence that has not yet entered into force.
The bill also regulates the issuance of a new identity document if the applicant is unable to provide an identity document or a new identity document due to loss, theft or destruction. In these cases, verification of identity through presentation of a birth certificate is expected.
- Balkans | Türkiye’s role was highlighted at the Dubrovnik Forum
- Balkans | Opposition leader Mikoski accused power partners Kovaczewski and Ahmety
- Balkans | 120 tons of relief items left from Greece
- Balkans | Türkiye’s move stunned Greece
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina celebrates the 31st anniversary of its independence with festivities
- Balkans | The bomb threat at Skopje Airport turned out to be unfounded
- Balkans | Launching a communications campaign on the process of Bulgaria’s accession to the Eurozone
- Balkans | Bulgaria has responded to the Russian search warrant for journalist Christo Grozev
- Balkans | 46 forest fires in Greece in the past 24 hours
- Balkans | Defense industry exports of Bosnia and Herzegovina amounted to 263 million km in November