At the end of his 5-year term, the President of the Central Bank of Kosovo (BQK), Fahmi Mihti, stated that despite all the difficulties they faced as an institution, BQK succeeded in achieving its goals.
Pointing out that the Central Bank of Kosovo has succeeded in achieving its goals by providing a stable financial system in the past five years, Mehmiti said: “The banking sector in Kosovo has grown continuously in terms of the number of institutions and its activities in this field. section. In 2018-2022, the number of banks increased from 10 to 12. From 2018-October 2022, the banking sector recorded an increase of €2.6 billion, or 61.6 percent, in its assets. Its total assets, which amounted to 4.18 billion at the end of 2018, amounted to 6.76 billion euros at the end of 2022. He made the valuations.
Indicating that the increase in the assets of the banking sector caused an increase in the loan portfolio in December, as the loan portfolio, which amounted to 2.75 billion euros in 2018, reached 4.35 billion euros in 2022. Noting that it increased by 57.9 percent in the past five years.
“Since the level of non-performing loans reached 2 percent at the end of 2022, which is comparable to banking regulations in the European Union, it did not affect the growth of non-performing loans,” said Central Bank Chief Mahmeti. He confirmed that it was still his pen.
Mahmeti indicated that the increase in loans was largely supported by the increase in deposits, as the total level of deposits reached 2.19 billion euros in December 2022, or 5.55 billion euros in 2022, an increase of 65.1 percent compared to 2018. Changes that we should be proud of in Development of the insurance industry.
- Balkans | Borrell: An important step has been taken to create the Federation of Serbian Municipalities
- Balkans | Criticism of Chief Pendarovski of VMRO DPMNE
- Balkans | ADEKSAM distributed scholarships to 125 students
- Balkans | Three people, who set out to perform Umrah from Serbia, will go to Mecca and Medina on their motorbikes.
- Balkans | World giants aspire to goalkeeper Croatia
- Balkans | “Crown of Success” award for ten successful Turkish women in Kosovo
- Balkans | The last shipment of aid collected for earthquake victims in the IUS is on its way
- Balkans | TMBH campaign “Let us also have a home in Hatay”
- Balkans | D’S Damat became the clothing sponsor for the Partizan basketball team
- Balkans | US Senators visit Kosovo