New identity cards will be issued in Bulgaria by the end of 2023. They will contain a chip containing biometric data and optionally an electronic authentication certificate.
Deputy Home Secretary Monica Beecher confirmed that there would be no problem using previously issued identity documents without a chip, although new identity documents were issued in accordance with the new requirements.
“ID documents containing biometric data comply with the requirements of EU legislation,” said Svetlana Tseneva, Director of Bulgarian Identity Documents at the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVR).
The changes include new residence permit cards in addition to the identity card. MVR has not specified whether there will be a change in the price of issuing new documents.
- Balkans | 3 medals from Burcu İldem in Albania
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Kurti said the removal of the barriers would be discussed after the New Year
- Fuel prices have been updated.
- Balkans | Kosovo’s population is deeply in debt
- Balkans | Corti evaluated his meeting with Lajçak
- Balkans | Election season officially begins in Greece
- Ahlamour Pavilion: History, Architecture, Location, and Entrance Fee
- Balkans | Trajaya University is offered to prospective students in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Athens demanded recognition of Kosovo
- Balkans | The claim that Greece is planning to take a “12 mile” decision in the Aegean Sea