The working group to prepare an initiative proposal on the need to amend the Constitution of the Republic of North Macedonia held its constituent meeting today.
According to the Ministry of Justice statement, the members unanimously elected the chair and vice chair of the working group from among the experts. The chair was Margareta Tsatsa Nikolowska, former judge of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, and Bagram Bologani, vice-president, former judge of the Constitutional Court and professor of constitutional law.
The working group has 23 members, including 10 experts, 10 from political party proposals, and 3 members from the Presidential Cabinet, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Secretariat for European Affairs.
Justice Minister Krinar Luga and Deputy Viktoria Avramovska Madić wished good luck to the working group members and said that this is a historic opportunity to achieve our strategic goal of EU membership.
The working group includes former President of the Constitutional Court Salih Murat as an expert, Turkish Democratic Party (TDP) Chairman and Vice President Pekan Ilyas, Turkish Action Party (THP) Community Rights Enforcement Agency (THGA) Director Eran. Kortish.
- Balkans | More than 6,000 migrants attempted to cross into Bosnia and Herzegovina illegally last year.
- Balkans | Bulgaria climbs eight places in the happiness ranking
- Balkans | Konakovich: The Turkish people came first in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s crises
- Balkans | In Karjali district, 64.5% of the population are Turks.
- Balkans | The visit of the Bulgarian delegation to the governor of Edirne
- Balkans | Transportation of the gas pipeline from Croatia
- Balkans | The headlines for the false bomb threats are based on Russia and Iran.
- Balkans | Bulgaria sends rescue teams to Turkey
- Balkans | Guguchevska: DSK is always ready for elections
- Balkans | Deputy Foreign Minister Bozay: Türkiye has relations with Albania everywhere