The Constitutional Court of North Macedonia temporarily suspended the issuance of ethnic birth certificates.
In a statement on the matter, Constitutional Court spokeswoman Kristina Bilowska said, “The Constitutional Court today decided to initiate a procedure to assess the constitutionality of record-keeping orders and to take interim action, such as a decision to stop execution of forms that are currently being used.” Use phrases.
Bilowska stated that the amendment to the law, which was approved by the Ministry of Justice and provides for ethnic identification in birth certificates, was not submitted to the Constitutional Court within the required deadline. The archive number of May 29, 2023 and published on June 15, 2023 was ignored, which means that the Constitution and Article 52, which provides for a maximum period of seven days, were not respected.
Bilowska stated that the activities related to the implementation of the instructions were suspended until the Constitutional Court takes a final decision on this issue during this period, and she said: “Here I will mention the importance of this basis because the constitution is not a technical matter, but because it is included in that part of the constitution. It is an issue that permeates deeply into Constitutional guarantees of fundamental rights and freedoms. He said.
Although different opinions were expressed in the session, the decision of the Constitutional Court was taken by five votes, that is, by majority.
- Balkans | Serbia wants plastic packaging boxes from Türkiye
- Balkans | Greek Foreign Minister Dendias said they are historical friends of Serbia
- 6 writing systems whose secrets can not be solved until today
- Balkans | State of emergency in southern Serbia
- Balkans | KATP President Botoş visited the Kosovo Turks Solidarity Foundation
- Balkans | Respect for the Holy Quran held in Sweden
- Balkans | Corti: The barriers will go up in a few days
- Balkans | The headlines for the false bomb threats are based on Russia and Iran.
- Balkans | The Bulgarian government suspends the import of 20 pills from Ukraine
- Balkans | Bulgarian Muslims shared an iftar with the earthquake victims