The Bulgarian Minister of Regional Development and Public Works, Architect Ivan Shishkov, has carried out the first excavation works for the construction of the final section of the European motorway between the Slivenica road and the Sofia ring road. The total length of the section is 16.5km, but construction will begin on the approximately 6km section, as all expropriation procedures have been completed and the building permit has been obtained. After road construction work on the road, work will continue for the remaining 10.5 km.
The section of the European motorway will pass along a completely new route between Slivnica and the Sofia Ring Road and will flow into the northern speed lane. Five tunnels, two bridges and one overpass will be built, as well as four road connections and two road junctions, Kostinbrod and Mramor.
The project will be implemented by the EU 2022. The consortium was formed by GBS Infrastructure Construction AD, Glavbolgarstroy International EAD and Obonato Build EOOD. The contract price is 266,959,487.34 VAT inclusive of tax. Construction is being supervised by the European consortium formed by Patinvest Engineering AD, Stroynorm EOOD and ERG Consulting EOOD. Their contract price is 5,599,999.20 BGN including VAT.
The construction of the last section of the European motorway between Slivnica and the Sofia Ring Road is part of the project “European motorway from km 15 + 500 to km 48 + 903”. The project is co-financed by the European Union (EU) Cohesion Fund and the state budget under the Operational Program for Transport and Communications Infrastructure 2014-2020. The project consists of two sections of the motorway, the section between Dragoman and Slivenica, which was commissioned in June 2021, and the section between Slivenica and the Sofia Ring Road.
The groundbreaking ceremony was attended by Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Nikolay Shushkov, Sofia Regional Governor Radoslav Stoychev, the Highway Infrastructure Agency Department, and the mayors of Slivenica, Kostenbrod, Bogoreshte, Prolisa, Hrakovo and Hrabresko.
- Balkans | Detained in Serbia on suspicion of terrorist acts
- Balkans | Rescue of 31 illegal immigrants expelled from Greece
- Balkans | The target of “1 billion euros” in trade with Bosnia and Herzegovina has been reached
- Balkans | The Greek F-16 official’s words confused Greece
- Balkans | Local elections will be held in Albania on May 14
- Balkans | The issue of “ancestral property” from the Turks to Greece
- Balkans | Application is now open for the solar water heater subsidy program in Greece
- Balkans | 61 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | 2,200 nominated pilgrims from Bosnia and Herzegovina will go to the Holy Land
- Balkans | Scandalous statements about Turkey in the report of the Kosovo Academy of Sciences