The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic, said that the continuation of the dialogue process between Belgrade and Pristina depends on the creation of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities.
Vucic received the President of the Austrian National Assembly, Wolfgang Sobotka, in the capital, Belgrade.
Vucic made a statement on his social media account after the closed-door meeting, thanking Austria for its support of Serbia’s EU membership process.
Vucic stated that they discussed strengthening mutual relations with Austria and confirmed that they focused particularly on investment.
Vucic indicated that they also discussed the dialogue process between Belgrade and Pristina, and said: “The normalization of relations and the continuation of the process depends on the establishment of the Union of Serbian Municipalities.” Use the phrase.
No agreement was reached in the Federation of Serbian Municipalities
Serbia considers Kosovo, which unilaterally declared its independence in 2008, to be its territory.
Serbia and Kosovo, which clash periodically, are trying to find a common way to normalize relations, and eventually the two countries get to know each other, within the scope of the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue process initiated in 2011 with the mediation of the European Union.
In the negotiations that lasted for nearly 12 hours in Ohrid, North Macedonia, on March 18, with the mediation of the European Union, an agreement was reached on an agreement that would normalize relations between the two countries.
The agreement establishing the Federation of Serb Municipalities in Kosovo’s mostly Serb municipalities between Kosovo and Serbia was signed in 2013 with EU mediation, but has not been put into practice.
The leaders of Serbia and Kosovo, who last met in Brussels on May 2, announced that they could not reach an agreement on a union of Serbian municipalities.
- Dictator husbands who died horribly
- Balkans | Corti evaluated his meeting with Lajçak
- Balkans | Bayburt University in the international exhibition held in Kosovo
- Balkans | Saccar, Kosovo’s Interior Minister Svechla, received Turkey’s ambassador to Pristina
- Balkans | New barriers erected by Serbs in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Exit from Kosovo is expected for 3 hours at the Merdar border gate
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: The construction of highways has begun and is not going to stop
- Balkans | Commemoration of the victims of the Ahmici massacre in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Supporting the training of Turkish soldiers in Kosovo
- Balkans | Kosovo demands the transfer of the detained Serbian police by NATO helicopter