The European Union has expressed the view that it does not see the recent elections in Serb-dominated northern Kosovo as a long-term political solution.
The European Union called on the leaders of Kosovo to create a federation of municipalities in Serbia as soon as possible.
For the European Union, Sunday’s municipal elections in northern Kosovo do not offer long-term political solutions for the four municipalities in northern Kosovo. According to the European Union, a political solution can be achieved “only with the permanent return of Serbs to Kosovo’s institutions”.
Just over 3 percent of the nearly 45,000 voters participated in the extraordinary election for mayors of Mitrovica, Zvešan, Leposavic and Zubin Potok in the north.
Local Serbs massively boycotted the elections.
- Balkans | Supporters of the PKK terrorist organization have turned Paris into a battlefield
- Balkans | A KFOR soldier died in the ski resort of Brezovica
- Balkans | Bulgaria will continue to support Montenegro on its path towards European integration
- Balkans | Statement of “Business Partnership with China” by the Bulgarian Minister of Economy
- Balkans | Justice Minister Bozdag agreed to transfer the Greek convict Nalmbantis to his country
- Balkans | Greek warplane crashes in the Ionian Sea
- Balkans | TGK founded its 17th organization in Vasilevo
- Balkans | “The Greek police have stolen more than two million euros of money or valuables from illegal immigrants”
- Balkans | Turning point in the rights struggle of the Turks of Western Thrace: January 29
- Balkans | Difficulty finding some medicines in Greece and Italy continues