The EU countries decided to recommend that Bosnia and Herzegovina be granted “candidate country” status.
resolution, Europe Union Ministers of European Affairs BrusselsIt was announced during the meeting at.
The EU Commissioner in charge of enlargement, Oliver Varhelyi, said in a statement on his Twitter account, “Today we have reached another milestone. The EU’s path is open! We have high hopes and expectations that the 14 key priorities will be achieved in the interest of citizens.” Use phrases.
The leaders of the EU member states will be held on December 15. European Union summitThe decision is expected to be approved.
The European Council stated that it was ready to grant candidate status to BiH on 23 June and invited the Commission to report on the implementation of 14 key priorities.
Varhelyi also announced at the Commission’s presentation of the 2022 Enlargement Report in the European Parliament on October 12 that a proposal had been made to grant “candidate country” status to Bosnia and Herzegovina, a “potential candidate” country.
Candidacy status is the first step in a country’s long-term EU accession process. After a country is granted candidate status, accession negotiations begin in the following stages, provided the conditions are met.
Accession negotiations can take years to begin.
- Balkans | The EU’s proposal for a “final agreement” on Kosovo and Serbia has leaked to the press
- Balkans | A gold deposit has been found in Bosnia
- Balkans | Serbia is going to “change the attitude” towards the representatives of the international community in Kosovo
- Balkans | The family who went to Konya for a bone marrow transplant from Bulgaria had an accident: 3 injured
- Balkans | European Parliament Vice-President Kylie arrested on corruption charges
- Balkans | The trial of former Kosovo President Thaci in The Hague on March 1
- Balkans | Konyaspor appointed Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojevic at the head of the team
- Balkans | Karadi: We have confidence that we are building democracy and a new Bulgarian history
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Telegraph Agency opened the National Press Club in Karjali
- Balkans | Zelensky: We have to fight for the supply of modern tanks