The Council of the European Union has approved the holding of parliamentary elections for the European Parliament from 6 to 9 June 2024.
Sweden, which holds the presidency of the European Union, announced that the Council of the European Union, which consists of the countries of the Union, has reached a consensus regarding holding elections on the aforementioned dates.
European Parliament President Roberta Metsola also posted a video message confirming the election date and urging EU citizens to vote in next year’s elections.
“The world is changing, and we must change with it.” Metsola said that the European Union needs to be reformed, and therefore it is important that every citizen of the European Union vote.
Metsola says, “Don’t let others choose for you. Vote.” He said.
Elections are held every 5 years to determine the 705 MEPs who enter the European Council and the European Parliament, which is the Union’s legislative body and approves the EU budget. The last elections were held in May 2019.
With the parliamentary elections, the heads of the European Union Commission and the European Council will also change.
- Balkans | Vucic: The only condition is the union of municipalities of Serbia
- Balkans | Djokovic becomes the longest reigning world number one in tennis
- Balkans | 31 years have passed since the siege of Sarajevo
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina trade unions are collecting 280,000 euros for earthquake victims
- Balkans | Sergeant Qandil will check tomorrow
- Balkans | “Kosovo and the entire region have a place in the European Union”
- Balkans | The 16th Multicultural City of Karjali initiative opened with the photography exhibition “Rhodobe Eyes”
- Balkans | The United States described the burning of the Qur’an as a disgusting act, but did not condemn it.
- Balkans | Turkish Education Day on December 21 was enthusiastically celebrated in Radović
- Balkans | Greece will require a COVID-19 test for travelers from China