The European Union has condemned the attempted assassination of Bulgarian Prosecutor Ivan Gechev.
Anita Heber, a spokesperson for the European Union Commission, said in a statement at the daily press conference that the European Union strongly condemns the attempted attack that targeted Gechev and his family yesterday.
Calling the movement “a senseless and cowardly act of violence that has no place in European society,” Heber said, “We expect the national authorities to bring the perpetrators of this heinous act swiftly and decisively to justice.” Of course, at this point we are not going to speculate on any motives behind the attack,” he said.
– It happened
Yesterday, the procession that included Gashev and his family was the target of a bomb attack near the capital, Sofia.
An investigation was opened on suspicion of his involvement in terrorist acts in connection with the attack, which did not result in any casualties.
- Balkans | The 270th issue of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | Turkey’s exports to Bulgaria set a record in the industrial sector
- Balkans | Leila Sherif Amin’s latest books will be presented at Skopje Yunus Emre Instituso
- The interesting history of groomed nails
- Balkans | Izmir County Municipality and Elbasan Municipality became brothers
- Balkans | Aid collected in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia went to Turkey
- Balkans | Journalists in Europe are persecuted and investigated for their reporting
- Balkans | Greece puts 250 border police on the Turkish border
- Balkans | Agricultural support from TIKA to needy families in Albania
- Balkans | Field exercise by the Kosovo Security Forces