EU Spokesperson Peter Stano said that in the coming days, the EU institutions will take the first steps towards implementing the Ohrid Agreement with Kosovo and Serbia, with the support of the leaders of this organization.
Stano said that Kosovo and Serbia are contractually bound to implement the Ohrid Agreement and its supplement.
Noting that Borrell will “advise both parties to carry out their work” in implementing the Kosovo-Serbia Normalization Agreement, including the Implementation Facility, Stano said, “International reputation and international trust will be at stake already in Kosovo and Serbia, so they are in the EU. “They need to show themselves as reliable partners for the company and thus keep their promises.”
Emphasizing that the provisions of the agreement and its annex will be included in Chapter 35 of the EU-Serbia membership negotiations and the EU Special Group Normalization Program with Kosovo, “If they want to proceed on the EU path, they must implement the provisions as per the contract. Their failure to implement It means that they have given up the path to the European Union.”
- Balkans | Justice Minister Luga met with the UNICEF delegation
- Balkans | Early general elections in Bulgaria head to the polls on April 2
- Balkans | Faruk Hadzibegić is the new coach of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The USA and England responded to Dodek’s decision
- Balkans | Spasovsky: This government will not fall with a new parliamentary majority
- Disabled protest in Kosovo
- Balkans | US Army shipments to Western Thrace continue
- Balkans | Aid mobilization for the earthquake zone in Bosnia and Herzegovina begins
- Balkans | The Turkish Embassy in Skopje organizes a poetry and writing contest
- Balkans | McDonald’s withdraws from Bosnia and Herzegovina