The European Union announced the creation of a joint mechanism to supervise the implementation of the Ohrid Agreement on the normalization of relations between Serbia and Kosovo.
In a written statement from the Office of the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Relations and Security Policy, Josep Borrell, the European Union, Kosovo and Serbia as facilitators of the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina; He stated that a joint monitoring committee had been formed to oversee the implementation of the Ohrid Agreement, which provides for normalization between the two countries.
It was reported in the statement that the joint monitoring committee will be chaired by the EU’s Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and Other Western Balkan Regional Affairs Miroslav Lajcak.
He announced that Kosovo would be represented by Ambassador Agron Bajrami in Brussels and chief negotiator Petar Petkovic for Serbia.
The statement said the committee would meet regularly in Brussels and that job descriptions would be decided at the meeting on May 2.
- Balkans | Macedonian poets celebrate World Poetry Day
- 12-mile warning for Greece
- Balkans | The death toll in Syria, which was affected by the earthquakes that struck Kahramanmaraş, has risen to 1,602.
- Balkans | Support messages from the authorities of Bosnia and Herzegovina: Bosnia and Herzegovina is always with you
- North Korea’s Mysterious Crime Center: Room 39
- Balkans | The Eyup Sultan Foundation’s iftar tradition continues in Kosovo
- Balkans | An “anonymous” message from Serbia
- Balkans | Launching an initiative for water shortage in the Prizren region
- Balkans | Olympiacos sign Kosovar footballer Beteki from Konyaspor
- Balkans | Vucic: Serbia will get a kamikaze drone