The famous artist Goran Bregović took the stage in the program “Meeting the Novel 2023 – We Are Writing the Novel of the Century Together” in the presence of President Erdogan.
The artist was accompanied by the song “Turkey’s Century” performed by Yucel Erzen and his band at the concert, which was held at Halic Congress Center. Sezen Kiremit took the stage as a soloist in the concert, for which the orchestra was conducted by Orhan Şallıer.
President Erdoğan presented a plaque to Prigović after the event.
The lyrics and music of Yucel Arzen’s song are as follows:
The beautiful Crescent was born upon us
We direct our hearts to the truth
The Turkish century is coming, it’s time
Not tomorrow now!
Let the drums beat our love madly
The solution to my problem is very clear.
Turkey’s century, the gospel of mankind
Not tomorrow now!
Rise, rise, sun… pour your light upon us
Let the clouds part…
Let the oppressed sing their songs
Let the Turkish century begin!
not tomorrow now
The two clarinetists, Serkan Çağrı and Mehmet Yıldırir, also took the stage at the event.
- Balkans | The gradual payment of pensions for the month of April has begun
- Balkans | Bulgarian Minister of Economy Bogdanov: Turkey is the first trading partner of Bulgaria outside the European Union
- Balkans | Konyaalti SK women’s handball team matched with the representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Osmani Dendias: The relations between North Macedonia and Greece are an example of good neighborliness
- Balkans | The EU Commission has been criticized for being indifferent to Greece’s opposition issues
- Balkans | Serbs protest in northern Kosovo
- Classic cars displayed in Albania
- Balkans | Serbian tennis player Djokovic appeared at the main table of the Australian Open
- Balkans | Serbian Kolasinac distributes Ramadan bread prepared in his grandfather’s legacy bakery for free
- Balkans | Statement from MSB regarding the Greek “Pontus” claims