Dzivad Krahasan, one of the most important names of contemporary literature in Bosnia and Herzegovina, has passed away at the age of 70.
The statement, made to German media by the famous writer’s family, reads that Krahsan has lost her two-year battle with cancer.
In the news of the Kleine Zeitung, Karahasan, one of the most important writers in Europe, is reported to have died at the age of 70 as a result of the progression of his disease.
Born in 1953 in the city of Tomislavgrad, graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Sarajevo, Department of Comparative Literature and Theater. After obtaining his doctorate in Zagreb, Karhasan served as Dean of the Academy of Performing Arts at the University of Sarajevo during the war.
Karahasan, who worked as a lecturer at the Faculty of Philosophy in Sarajevo, also worked at the universities of Salzburg, Innsbruck, Berlin and Göttingen.
Being among the juries of famous theater festivals, Krahasan has written more than 100 articles on theater and literature.
While many of Krahsan’s novels have been translated into more than 15 languages, including Turkish, his work Istocni divan (The Eastern Divan) was awarded the Yugoslav Novel of the Year Award in 1990.
The plays written by the famous Bosnian writer Karhasan are still performed in many parts of the world.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | European Union: Serbia’s non-compliance with the Ohrid Agreement will have a “very negative” impact on the accession process
- Balkans | Kosovo PM Kurti urges Kosovo Serbs to ‘take part in the elections’
- Balkans | Parliamentary Friendship Group in Kosovo in Turkey
- Balkans | Hamza Yusuf becomes Scotland’s first Muslim Prime Minister
- Balkans | Turkish judokas will participate in the tatami competition at the European Cup to be held in Sarajevo
- Balkans | Olympiacos loses its title to Real Madrid
- Balkans | At the crossroads at the entrance to Kishan, d. Sadiq Ahmed was given this name
- Balkans | The ballot numbers of the parties and coalitions that will participate in the Bulgarian elections have been announced
- Balkans | Sylvino era in Albania
- Balkans | The meeting between the delegations of Germany, Turkey and Greece was in the Greek press