The winner of this year’s literary prize given to the best novel of the year will be announced by NIN, the weekly newspaper published in Serbia since the former Yugoslavia, on Monday, January 23.
One of the most important literary prizes in the region, given by the newspaper whose first issue was published on January 26, 1935 in Belgrade. NIN awardIt is expected that the novel will be awarded to one of the six novels selected by the jury.
Critics’ Jury: Maria Ninezic, Milena Djordjevic, Zarka Svertsev, Goran Korunović and Teofil Bancic, 177 literary work The authors and names of the six works selected among the finalists are as follows:
Danica Vukicevic: “Unutrasnje more” (Sea Inside)
Milan Trebekovic: “Klub istinskih Stvaralaca” (Real Creators Club)
Goran Petrović: “Papir sa vodenim znakom” (Watermarked paper)
Mirjana Dreljević: “Niko nije zaboravljen i nicega se ne secamo” (Nobody is forgotten and nothing is remembered)
Ugljesa Sajtinac: Kolyka i Sasenjka (Kolyka and Sasenyka)
Marijana Kanack: Clara, Clarissa
One of the finalists, Goran Petrović, was awarded the NIN Prize in 2000, and the novel Ugljesa Sajtinac was among the works that were finalists in 2011.
On the other hand, Milan Trebekovic is competing with his second novel, while Danica Vukicevic, Mirjana Drljević and Marijana Kanak are competing with their first novels.
- Balkans | More than 2,000 cemeteries promised Muslim burials in Berlin
- Balkans | Turkish skier Sila Kara won the bronze medal at the FA Cup in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Bulgaria denies reports that it has sent 14 Su-25 fighter jets to Ukraine
- Balkans | Greek harassment continues
- Balkans | The Badal Tunnel was opened to increase the convenience of transportation from Iran to Bulgaria
- Balkans | The signing of a coalition agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina paves the way for the formation of the government
- Balkans | Parliament Speaker Şentop visited the Balkan Jubilation site
- Balkans | Bomb destruction of World War II aircraft in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Consecutive earthquakes occur in Albania
- Balkans | 43 migrants left for dead by Greece have been rescued