It has been announced that at least 5 people have died in floods that occurred after heavy rains in Emilia-Romagna in the north-central part of Italy and in the western region of Croatia.
At least 3 people have lost their lives and 3 people are missing in the flood disaster that has seriously affected the Emilia-Romagna region since yesterday, Italian state television news channel Rainews24 reported. It was reported that the body of the third person who was found in the morning belonged to a German woman.
It was reported that 14 rivers and streams in the region burst their banks as a result of the heavy rains, while floodwaters covered streets and boulevards in cities such as Faenza, Cesena and Riccione.
They took refuge on the roofs
He stated that there are serious communication problems in the region, power outages in many places, and education in schools has stopped in some places where the situation was critical. Some people went to the roof to be rescued.
The Civil Defense stated that the area affected by the torrential rains is very large and poses risks to the rescue teams.
The Municipality of Bologna, in its proclamation, advised the public to go up to the upper floors of their buildings, and certainly not to go down to the ground and under places such as cellars and garages.
At least two dead in Croatia
On the other hand, at a time when many provinces are struggling with flooding after heavy rains in Croatia since May 12, 2023, the authorities have started to take urgent measures to alleviate the situation.
Temporary flood barriers and sandbags have been placed along several rivers, including the Kupa in Karlovac and the Una in Hrvatska Kostanica, to contain rising waters.
Rivers is expected to reach its highest levels on May 17 (today).
- Balkans | Vucic: “Until the ZSO is established, I will only go to Brussels for tourism purposes”
- Balkans | High-profile visit from Croatia to Ozdemir Bayraktar National Technology Center
- Balkans | Zelensky: We see Russia’s intention and we will respond
- Balkans | Turkish judoka won 5 medals on the first day of the European Cup held in Bosnia
- Balkans | Kosovo Rescue Team Leader: We’ll do our best
- Balkans | 14 March Medicine Day passed sadly in Kosovo
- Balkans | Croatia warns the European Union about illegal immigration crossings
- Balkans | The reaction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the events organized within the framework of the “Pontus” allegations in Greece
- Balkans | Albania moved to tighten sanctions against Russia
- Balkans | Ambassador Sakar’s farewell visit to Kosovar President Osmani