According to the statement made by the Mufti of Bulgarian religions, the Mufti inaugurated the first mosque outside Bulgaria, built with the support of donors from the Makak family and in cooperation with the Grand Mufti.
Located in the Balkava district of Nepal, the mosque can accommodate about 350 people. Prayer rugs were placed in the courtyard of the mosque, and 6 washbasins and toilets were built.
The official opening took place on the days when we celebrated Eid al-Adha. The opening ceremony was attended in Nepal by Deputy Chief Mufti and Mosque Construction Project Coordinator Bihan Muhammad and Blagoevgrad (Yukaricoma) Regional Mufti Usman Kotrev.
The ceremony took place on Friday 30 June. The ceremony coincided with Friday prayers led by Behan Muhammad in the new mosque, which was crowded. The deputy mufti and the regional mufti of Blagovgrad planted three seedlings in the courtyard of the mosque. After the inauguration, the Mushaf presented by the Grand Mufti was presented to the Mushaf. A feast was also served for those present.
During the visit to Nepal, the Mufti’s representatives personally monitored the organization of the Qurban distribution. 30 of the meat of the cattle slaughtered by the Mufti with the help of the Sadakataşı Association was distributed to 800 needy families.
Bihan Muhammad and Osman Kotref also visited the places where water wells were drilled with the support of the Grand Mufti as part of a social project involving Nepal and African countries. The visiting program of the Deputy Mufti General and the Blagovgrad Regional Mufti ended with a visit to an orphanage under construction. Bihan Mehmed and Osman Kotrev donated 1,500 levs for the construction of the orphanage on behalf of the Grand Mufti and the donors.
- Balkans | Founding of a Bosnian Croat party opposed to the HDZ
- Balkans | The second round of voting for the presidential elections in Turkey has begun in the Balkan countries
- What you need to know about the Vagont Dam disaster
- Balkans | Great interest from Albania to Türkiye’s local and national pride Bayraktar TB2
- Balkans | A new era in Turkish-Greek relations: an agreement has been reached
- Balkans | Declaring “national mourning” in Greece as a migrant boat capsizes
- Balkans | The museum that embraces different historical periods with its Ottoman structure: Shkodra History Museum
- Balkans | For the second Friday prayer of Ramadan, tens of thousands stood at Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- Millionaire Who Fell “Like a Gentleman” from Titanic
- Balkans | An hour wait at the Tabanovce and Bogorodica border gates