It was alleged that the Greek mafia was influential in the country’s police force.
Documento Newspaper’s report contained short telephone messages allegedly shared between mafia members and police officers.
And in the news, where it was reported that the mafia members were keen to appoint names close to them within the police apparatus, it was said that they also requested assistance from the organization in some issues of concern to them.
It was alleged in the news that the illegal fuel trade was among the areas where the mafia cooperated with some names in the police force.
- Balkans | n. Macedonian Protection and Rescue Directorate teams have returned to the country
- Balkans | Izetbegović: A stable government cannot be established without the Democratic Action Party
- Balkans | The bomb threat at Skopje Airport turned out to be unfounded
- Balkans | Message of condolence from the authorities of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Kosovo President: The Serbian side continues to ignore the agreements
- Balkans | The Macedonian Red Cross launched an aid campaign for Turkey
- Balkans | Radev: Business plays an important role in tackling inflation, the informal economy, and speculation
- Balkans | The first child of the year in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Corti: “My advisors are considering a model for a federation of Serbian municipalities”
- Balkans | Sending 5 new aid trucks from Bosnia and Herzegovina to the earthquake zone