The President of the Albanian Athletics Federation Gerg Roli was banned for 5 years and its General Secretary Nikulin Dionisi was banned for 4 years on the grounds that the long jumper İzmir Smaglag was manipulated as a result of the competition.
According to the statement released by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU), it was determined that the IAAF obtained incorrect information regarding the score of Smajlaj, who won the right to participate in the Tokyo Olympics with a jump of 8.16 meters in the sprint. The competition will be held in the capital, Tirana, in May 2021.
It was decided to give a five-year ban to Rowley, the president of the federation, and to impose a four-year ban on Dionyssi, the general secretary, from three names who were provisionally banned in December.
The temporary ban was lifted on Smajlaj, who won the European Indoor Championships in 2017, due to insufficient evidence that the 30-year-old athlete was willfully involved in match-fixing.
- Balkans | The Vrapçişte Unity Foundation provided its assistance directly to the earthquake victims
- Balkans | Sejjeli, Director General of the Balkan Region of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, met with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo.
- Balkans | According to Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis, a solution with Turkey is possible
- Balkans | National Defense Minister Akar: The threat of Greece is out of the question for us
- Balkans | Description of “Senseless Country” by Dodik
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia sign a memorandum of understanding in the field of economy
- Balkans | Health examination of a Turkish soldier serving in Kosovo
- Balkans | Invitation of the European Commissioner for Human Rights Mijatović to Greece
- Poverty is declining in Kosovo
- Balkans | Slovenia is ready to support Bosnia and Herzegovina in the process of joining the European Union