The appeal hearing for Faruk Fatih Ozer, the founder of cryptocurrency exchange Thodex, who was extradited from Albania to Turkey, has been postponed to December 30.
Ozer, who did not attend the hearing under the supervision of Judge Valbon Shkrezi, was represented by his lawyer.
Judge Shkrezi adjourned the hearing to December 30 due to the defense lawyer’s request to remove Shkrezi from the trial. He stated that the court would consider this request.
The lawyer argues that the reason for the request to exclude Judge Shkrezi from the litigation proceedings is that the request to translate some of the materials published in the Turkish media regarding the Ozer case was not accepted by the court.
For this reason, Ozer’s lawyer requests that Judge Shkrezi be removed from the case.
Ozer, the founder of Thodex, appealed the decision on Dec. 7.
In the November 17 session, the Elbasan Court of First Instance stated that the request of the Elbasan Public Prosecutor’s Office to “allow Ozer to be extradited to Turkey” was accepted.
Ozer appealed this decision on December 7. The hearing on this decision took place at the Drak Court of Appeal on 16 and 20 December.
It was captured in Albania on August 30th.
Ozer was arrested in Albania on August 30 and was wanted on a red notice.
Oz’s lawyers also appealed on September 14 the decision of the Elbasan Court of First Instance regarding the continued detention of Ozer on September 2.
The Durach Court of Appeal also upheld the decision regarding Osiris’ detention on September 20.
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu announced that Ozer will be extradited to Turkey after court proceedings in Albania.
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece
- 7 interesting beauty practices from the past
- Balkans | Gazprom: The gas center to be established in Turkey will guarantee transparent and fair prices in the market
- Balkans | The second semester of education started today
- The International Balkan University has published a “Turk-Macedonian Evidence Settlement Map”
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic announces the removal of barriers that cause tension with Kosovo
- Balkans | Banning the registration of new players and coaches from the THY Europa League to Red Star
- Balkans | Kosovo Police increases its presence in the north of the country
- Balkans | Gechev was received by the Minister of the Interior, Soylu, the Bulgarian Prosecutor
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Deputy Prime Minister, Bislemi, met Turkish Ambassador Sakar