The program was held on the occasion of the 486th anniversary of the foundation of the historical Gazi Khosrev Bey Library in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mehmet Enveri Kadic’s book “History of Bosnia” was presented in the program in the framework of the anniversary of the establishment of the Ottoman Heritage Library in Sarajevo.
The President of the Islamic Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Husein Kavazović, who participated in the program, stated that the libraries represent the memory of a state, and said: “The Gazi Husrev Bey Library carries priceless wisdom in its bosom.” He said.
The director of the library, Osman Lavitch, pointed out that the book contained more than 11,000 manuscripts and said, “There are hundreds of manuscripts, such as the Sultan’s orders, court orders, and wills in the book.” He said.
At the same time, within the scope of the program, a certificate of appreciation was awarded to the institutions and organizations that have contributed to the work of the library. A certificate of appreciation was also presented to Ahmet Atabash, Counselor for Culture and Tourism at the Turkish Embassy in Sarajevo.
The Gazi Husrev Beg Library was founded on January 8, 1537, when the Sarajevo judge at that time approved the name of the Gazi Husrev Beg Foundation.
The Gazi Husrev Bey Library, which is also the oldest library in the country, has nearly 10,000 manuscripts in Arabic, Turkish and Persian.
- Balkans | Serbia increases the number of special unit soldiers from 1,500 to 5,000
- The six most controversial psychological experiments in history
- Balkans | 37 million euros support Kosovo in Germany￼
- Balkans | Turkish skier Sila Kara won the bronze medal at the FA Cup in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | “It is not excluded that the current officials will also be on the US blacklist.”
- Balkans | Kosovo takes another step towards visa liberalization with the EU
- Balkans | Third day of private bus owners protest in Skopje
- Balkans | Argentina became the first finalists in the World Cup, beating Croatia 3-0
- Balkans | Von Kramon submitted a draft report on Kosovo to the European Parliament
- Balkans | The Tunnel of Hope in Sarajevo remains one of the most visited places