Kosovofor me boxingFor example Dongita Sadikoto, IndiaIt was reported that she would not participate in the “IBA World Women’s Boxing Championship” to be held in Istanbul, due to the requirement that Kosovo’s country symbols not be used.
In a statement by the Kosovo Olympic Committee (KOK), it was stated that the Indian Ministry of External Affairs had made it conditional on the approval of visas for the athletes in Kosovo.
The statement included the following phrases:
The organizer of the tournament made it clear that the participation of our boxer can take place only under two conditions. The Kosovo flag and national anthem will not be used in any of the ceremonies during the World Championships, and Kosovo athletes will not be allowed to carry their flag, even if it is printed on their clothing. Given this situation and the discrimination practiced by the Indian state, the Kosovo Boxing Federation has decided not to travel to India at all.”
It was shared that Kosovar boxer Sadiko will not be able to participate in the international tournaments being held in India for the third time due to this condition.
“I believe in the power of sports to promote peace and understanding between people”
In a video message he posted on his social media accounts, Sadik asserted that it was unfair to treat Kosovo differently from other countries for political reasons.
He was disappointed that he was not able to participate in the tournament, Sadiq said, “I believe in the power of sports in bringing people together and promoting peace and understanding among people. Through this video, I am calling on the Indian government to reconsider its decision and allow me to compete for the Republic of Kosovo with all my rights.” Use phrases.
Kosovar footballer Vedat Morić responded to the incident on his Twitter account, saying, “The unifying power of sport should not be forgotten and these sanctions should not be applied to athletes.” subscriber.
– He was expected to win a gold medal in the Indian Championship
The Kosovo sporting public expected Sadiko, a bronze medalist at the World and European Championships in 2022, to win gold at the India Championships.
The tournament will be held on the 16th and 26th of March in New Delhi, the capital of India.
India does not recognize Kosovo, which unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in 2008, as an independent country.
- Balkans | n. Macedonian parliament dismisses deputy ministers
- Balkans | The US Food and Drug Administration has approved a new drug shown to slow Alzheimer’s disease
- Balkans | Immigration to Croatia
- Balkans | The project, which will greatly contribute to the peasantry, was inaugurated in Mamusa.
- Balkans | Mufti of Bulgaria d. Al-Hajj met with YTB Vice President Sait Youssef
- Balkans | New engine discount
- Classic cars displayed in Albania
- Balkans | European countries collected millions of euros in aid to Turkey because of the earthquake
- Balkans | Directed by Peleshi’s Bayraktar: ‘I hope we don’t have to use it’
- Balkans | Greece is preparing for general elections in May