The Sarajevo Business Forum, which was held for the twelfth time this year in Bosnia and Herzegovina, kicked off in the capital, Sarajevo.
Speaking at the opening of the forum, the President of the International Bank of Bosnia, Alik Bacalović, said that this event aims to strengthen regional cooperation and make the region more attractive to foreign investors. Emphasizing that they want to promote cross-border cooperation and technology, Bakalović noted that they aim to share with the forum the success stories of those who invest in the region.
Regional cooperation is the key to economic prosperity and progress. Our speakers will also stress that the Balkan countries cannot manage this region in isolation. “Infrastructure is the key to regional cooperation, and infrastructure capacity has a multifaceted impact on the economy and every industry.”
This year’s Sarajevo Business Forum will focus on digitization, entrepreneurship, economic growth and development, investment and infrastructure projects.
Many politicians, businessmen and representatives of companies from more than 50 countries of the region and the world are participating in the two-day forum. More than 200 journalists from within the country and from international institutions will follow the forum.
Speaking at the forum, member of the Presidency Council in Sarajevo, Denis Besirovic, said that the Sarajevo Business Forum is the largest business and investment event in this part of Europe.
Emphasizing that the forum is getting more meaningful with each passing year, Pecirovic stated that they fully support the forum.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Elmedin Konakovich, noted that the event, which brought together businessmen from different sectors of the country, allowed for the establishment of new trade relations.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | Breakfast meeting with the Rumeli community in Bursa
- Balkans | Preventing drug trafficking in Albania, which is expected to enter the Macedonian drug market
- Balkans | Proposal to the Commission of the European Union on discrimination against the Turks of Western Thrace
- Balkans | Osmani: The earthquake disaster has created a pain that we cannot express
- Balkans | Russia: Greece plans to supply Ukraine with ‘provocative’ and ‘normal’ Russian S-300
- Balkans | Reaction to Serbian leader Dodik’s statement that “the Republic of Serbia should be a joint state with Serbia”
- Balkans | 64 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | The EU delegation calls on Greece to “increase initiatives towards transparency”
- Balkans | Serbian tennis player Djokovic appeared at the main table of the Australian Open
- Balkans | Fears of provocation in Bosnia and Herzegovina on January 9