Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Minister of Defense, Zokan Helles, is looking for a solution to this practice that prevents female members of the military from wearing headscarves.
It is reported that Hillys summoned military officer Emila Mujanovic Kabidzija, who filed a lawsuit against the Ministry of Defense for discrimination in March 2020, to a meeting and sought a solution to the opinion that the veil prevents female members of the military from performing. their duties.
In 2020, Kabidzija applied to the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, arguing that the Ministry of Defense’s ban on headscarves violated religious freedoms.
Kabidzija, who continued to seek justice despite the court’s dismissal of his complaint twice, finally applied to the Court of Appeal, and the decision has yet to be announced.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | The finalists for this year’s NIN Award have been announced
- Balkans | Delivery of 13,500 unlicensed weapons to the security forces in Serbia
- Balkans | Turkish teachers working in Pristina visited Yunus Emre Institusu
- Balkans | Artists in Greece are protesting the acceptance of fine art degrees as equivalent to high school diplomas
- Balkans | Kosovo’s leaders sign a petition for EU membership
- Balkans | Bakeries in North Macedonia have stopped producing because the price of bread has been frozen
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: The opposition must agree to join the working group on constitutional changes
- Balkans | Bulgaria ranks third in the European Union in copper mining
- Balkans | Pendarovski: If we want a democratic society, women must have equal opportunities
- Balkans | Blame Kosovo and Serbia by European Parliament Rapporteur