In the city of Prizren, in southern Kosovo, the session “July 15, the night that inspired the world” took place.
The session was held by Prizren Yunus Emre Enstitüsü (YEE) under the auspices of the Turkish Embassy in Pristina, with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the July 15 Association, the Directorate of Religious Affairs, the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TIKA) and the Turkish Knowledge Foundation (TMV).
The ceremony was attended by Turkey’s ambassador to Pristina Sabri Tunc Angeli, Kosovo’s Minister of Regional Development and head of the Kosovo Turkish Democratic Party (KDTP) Vikrim Damca, party deputies Fidan Brenna Jelta and Enes Kervan, as well as representatives of Turkish institutions and organizations in the country and guests.
In the session moderated by Arzu Sahin, Ambassador Angeli, Minister Damca, Deputy of the Justice and Development Party in Istanbul Omoğulcin Ozturk, President of the Assembly on July 15 Ismail Hakı Turunc, and Member of the Board of Directors of the Assembly on July 15 Aisha Varank Arslanturk delivered a speech.
Emphasizing that the Turkish nation has been reborn from its ashes many times throughout history, Ambassador Angeli said, “This turning point, which we can call Turkey’s victory for democracy, is once again the story of a rebirth from its ashes. The bottom line of this is that the Turkish nation does not allow others to write their fate under any circumstances.” He said.
Representative Ozturk said that the coup attempt on July 15 was prevented by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s upright stance, dear sacrifice and honorable struggle of the Turkish nation.
Ozturk said that the rights of the heroes who sacrificed their lives to keep the country alive and who do not give up their homeland which he holds dear will not be paid. Ozturk said: “Some of us have left our youth at the end of the barrel, some of us have left behind a wife, father and child crying tears but proud. Our nation woke up that night and took to the streets and demolished the walls of the malicious walls.” Use his statements.
Noting that people in friendly and fraternal countries did not fall asleep until the morning of the night of July 15, Turunc, President of the July 15 Association, said: “Whatever we felt there, whatever pain we felt, I am sure you felt more than us here. That evening until the morning, I received phone calls from at least 17-18 countries. Many of our friends from the Balkans called like you. They called from Africa, they called from Pakistan, Indonesia. ” He said.
Board member Aslanturk spoke about the memories of his martyred brother Ilhan Varank from that night.
Within the scope of the painting, images of the July 15 coup attempt were shown, and prayers were recited for the July 15 martyrs.
- Balkans | Trial of aid workers accused of espionage in Greece has been postponed
- One of the most mysterious people in history: the Somerton man
- Balkans | The nineteenth anniversary of the reopening of the Ottoman Heritage Mostar Bridge in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Two-day visit to North Macedonia from EU Representative Borrell
- Balkans | Supporting the training of Turkish soldiers in Kosovo
- Balkans | NATO is preparing for the largest airlift exercise in its history
- KFOR removes barriers in Yaringi
- Balkans | In his capacity as director of Isa Bek School d. Designated Islamic Islam
- Balkans | Pictesse: The energy sector is stable and will remain so
- Balkans | Bulgaria has received €844,000 in project support under the Digital Europe programme