In 2022, the number of foreign tourists visiting Serbia increased by 86% to 1,772,763.
According to the data published by the Serbian Republican Statistical Office, most of the tourists came from Bosnia and Herzegovina with about 148,000 tourists. Turkey came in second place, where the number of visitors increased by 110% and amounted to 125 thousand people. Russia takes the third place with 123 thousand.
On a yearly basis, the number of domestic tourists increased by 32 percent to 3,869,235.
The number of tourists who visited Serbia last December reached 159,492.
- Balkans | Aid collected by Turks in Europe continues to be sent to earthquake victims
- Balkans | Stanisić and Simatović’s prison sentences were increased to 15 years each
- Balkans | Rama: We should in no way contribute to Serbia’s exit from the European Union
- Balkans | Searching for a way out of the political crisis in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Invitation of the current OSCE Chairman Osmani to Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Balkans | WHO welcomes China’s sharing of data on COVID-19
- Balkans | Demonstration in Serbia against the “Franco-German Plan”
- Balkans | A terrorist from the Kurdistan Workers Party/Kurdistan Community Group was caught trying to cross into Greece illegally
- Balkans | International Women’s Day is celebrated with events in the Balkans
- Balkans | Action against the immigration of doctors in Albania