Albania experienced the best year in the history of tourism in 2022, when the number of foreigners heading to this country until December was 7.5 million.
However, the numbers show a certain decrease in the number of Kosovar tourists visiting Albania.
Kosovo constitutes the largest tourist market in Albania. Official figures show that 2.6 million Albanians from Kosovar visited Albania in 2022.
A year ago, in 2021, the number was more or less the same.
In 2022, there will be fewer residents of Kosovo visiting Albania than in 2012.
Within the scope of the commitments made at the joint meetings of the governments of the two countries, it is still not clear how tourists are evaluated in the conditions when free customs clearance between the two countries begins in the summer months.
The visit of Kosovar residents to Albania is known as national tourism.
However, a concern in the future is the fact that national tourism may suffer a significant decline with the granting of visa waivers for Kosovo.
- Balkans | Elif El Maslı Napoli became Serie A champions after 33 years
- Balkans | Kosovo scandal statement of Croatian President Milanovic
- Balkans | Fucik: Corti is trying to turn the region into a bloodbath
- Balkans | The French Football Federation bans the suspension of matches of Muslim soccer players
- Balkans | Türkiye women’s national handball team lost to Serbia 33-24
- Balkans | Breakfast meeting with the Rumeli community in Bursa
- Balkans | Identifying 6 other victims of the Bosnian war
- Balkans | Osmani: The earthquake disaster has created a pain that we cannot express
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Osmani met with Zelensky
- Balkans | TMBH Chairman Seraj demanded the resignation of Interior Minister Spasovsky