Experts have warned that the number of weekly cases could rise to 350,000 in Greece, where there has been a dangerous increase in influenza cases as the weather has cooled.
Stating that influenza cases will reach the highest level in January and February, Matina Pagoni, president of the Athens-Piraeus State Hospital Doctors Association (EINAP), said that the flu vaccine significantly reduces the risk of contracting the disease.
Chest Diseases Specialist, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Prof. Dr. Doctor. Nikos Kanakis also noted the significant increase in influenza cases, and indicated that the pressure in hospitals in the country would increase.
Kanakis said the number of weekly cases could reach 350,000, and there is no need to panic. The health care system has seen the worst.” He said.
Addressing drug shortages across the country, Kanakis noted that the only shortage at Iraklio Hospital, where he works, is paracetamol in injectable form, and argued that this problem could be overcome with a proper method of administration.
The Greek Minister of Health, Plevis, sent a message to the European Union regarding the shortage of medicines, in which he said: “Recently, the problem of adequacy of some medicines is constantly increasing throughout the European Union. Countries are trying to solve this problem on their own. However, central policies must be found across European Union”. expressions were used.
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Consul General in Thessaloniki visited the head of the province, Meteos
- Balkans | Uncertainty over local elections in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | The “Independence Day” reception held in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | ‘Unidentified’ victims of the Srebrenica genocide await burial
- Balkans | Students of Knowledge International Schools in Kosovo won medals in an international competition
- Balkans | The EU does not see elections in northern Kosovo as a political solution
- Balkans | Leaked Pentagon report shows Bulgaria offered its own MiG-29 to Kiev
- 8 surprising facts about ancient Egyptian law
- Balkans | The Movement for Rights and Freedoms is a “major party” in the Bulgarian elections
- 27 interesting facts about Christmas you’ve never heard of