Pope Francis, the spiritual leader of Catholics and the head of the Vatican, has decided to return the three archaeological remains of the Parthenon in Athens, located in the Vatican Museum, to Greece.
In a written statement from the Vatican, it was stated that the Pope had decided to return the three Parthenon temple finds in the Vatican Museum’s collection to the Archbishop of Greece, Irenimos, as tangible evidence of honesty.
On Vatican Radio News, it was noted that the three finds in question were pieces of the decorative exterior of the Parthenon.
It is reported in the news that the pieces to be returned arrived in Rome by unknown means in the nineteenth century.
- Balkans | The President of Trakya Tabakuglu University visited the city of Karjali
- Balkans | Greece speaks Bayraktar Kızılelma
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti met with Vice President of the European Parliament Rainer Wieland
- Balkans | Serbian Minister Memic and Ambassador Aksoy visited the Tourism Fair in Belgrade
- Balkans | Croatia responds to the European Union’s refusal to send troops to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | SpaceX has halted the launch due to a technical failure in the rocket to be sent into space
- Balkans | TGK realized the North Macedonian stage of the project “From Tradition to Future, From Sports to Brotherhood”
- NATO’s rejection of Serbia
- Balkans | Serbia provided aid to the victims of the Kahramanmaraş earthquake
- Balkans | Donev discussed with Djukanovic the possibilities of increasing the volume of trade with Montenegro