Western Thrace was discussed at the Balkan School, organized by the Youth Council of the Rumeli-Balkan Center for Strategic Studies (RUBASAM).
President of the Union of Turkish Teachers in Western Thrace Aydın Ahmed, Head of the Youth Branch of the FEP Party, Academician Dr. Murat Deren attended as a speaker.
The President of the International Student Union of Trakya University, Batuhan Hasan, moderated the seminar.
BTTOB Chairman Aydın Ahmet spoke about the cyclical changes in the education of Turkish minorities in Western Thrace from 1923 to the present and how the structure of autonomy in minority education had deteriorated.
President Ahmed also expressed the current problems in education today.
Ahmed provided information on the status of schools that were temporarily closed under the pretext that there were no children, but were not reopened when the sufficient number was reached.
Ahmed gave detailed information on problems such as the outdated material conditions of minority schools, the absence of Turkish postgraduate teachers in the schools, the failure to organize seminars for current teachers as a condition of modern education, and the failure to meet the demand for kindergartens. It will provide Turkish-Greek bilingual education, and there will be no mother tongue libraries in schools that will be established.
BTTÖB President Aydın Ahmet explained with examples how minority schools were deliberately left behind and how public schools were encouraged in a planned way.
Newspaper millet. love
- Balkans | The 24th International Economics Fair kicked off in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Artists in Greece are protesting the acceptance of fine art degrees as equivalent to high school diplomas
- Balkans | KLA leaders face 312 witnesses
- Balkans | A Bosnian citizen offered a cow for sale to help the earthquake victims
- Balkans | President of Bulgaria Radev met with the President of the European Parliament, Metzola
- Balkans | About 15 percent rise in electricity prices in Kosovo
- Balkans | The water level in Vardar has decreased
- Balkans | Critical day in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The summer tourist season 2023 has officially opened in Bulgaria
- 7 Royal Murders That Changed Human History