Transactions have begun in connection with the extradition to Turkey of Albania’s Faruk Fatih Ozer, founder of the cryptocurrency exchange Thodex.
After the Albanian Supreme Court approved the extradition of Faruk Fatih Ozer, founder of cryptocurrency exchange Thodex, who was wanted with a red notice for defrauding thousands of people in Turkey and was arrested in Albania in August last year, extradition proceedings began. . Sources close to the matter stated that the Albanian Ministry of Justice has given official approval to extradite Ozer to Turkey and that the extradition is expected to take place in the near future.
The Albanian Supreme Court upheld the extradition order
The extradition of Ozer to Turkey was decided in the decision hearing held on November 17, 2022 at the Elbasan Court of First Instance in Albania. Ozer appealed the decision and appeared before a judge at the Court of Appeal in Durres on 16 December. Because Ozer’s lawyer did not appear at the hearing, the hearing was adjourned until December 20. Since the lawyer did not appear for the December 20 session again, the hearing was postponed to December 27. In the court where Özer appealed, the decision was announced on December 30 and it was decided to uphold the extradition decision and extradite Özer to Turkey.
After the decision of the Court of Appeal, the Albanian Supreme Court announced on April 14 that Ozer’s request to annul the extradition decision to Turkey had been rejected and upheld the extradition decision.
- Balkans | President Erdogan’s victory was celebrated in North Macedonia
- 5 Important Mesoamerican Civilizations That Existed Before the Aztecs
- Balkans | NGOs in North Macedonia visit IHH
- Balkans | Streets are littered with piles of rubbish as sanitation workers strike in Kosovo
- Balkans | Sweden: Vucic’s games and criminal elements continue
- Balkans | AFAD has provided Serbia with flood control equipment
- Balkans | The Turks of Western Thrace sent 13 truckloads of relief supplies to Motherland Turkey
- Balkans | Vucic: Serbia will continue to help Turkey
- Balkans | The Small Pens Association held Iftar and Suhoor in the earthquake zone in Türkiye
- Balkans | “Germany is Bulgaria’s leading foreign trading partner”