It was reported that 11 people arrested in 2020 in the framework of an operation against the DHKP-C terrorist organization in Athens, the capital of Greece, were released on allegations of belonging to a terrorist organization and possession of weapons.
It was reported in EFSYN news that only one of the 11 released was sentenced to 18 months in prison for gun possession, while the other 10 were acquitted.
As a reminder of the arrest of the persons concerned in 2020, it was reported in the news that 11 people who were released had been in prison for 3 years.
It was stated in the news that the person who was sentenced to 18 months in prison was also released because he was imprisoned for 3 years.
In March 2020, Greek anti-terrorism teams carried out an operation against the DHKP-C organization, which is involved in various events in Turkey, in the Exarchia and Sipolia regions.
During the searches carried out in the offices of the association called “Solidarity with Turkish Political Prisoners” in Athens, more than 20 people suspected of being members of the DHKP-C were detained.
Greek police said in a statement that a tunnel was found during a house search on Cavella Street in Exarchia and heavy weapons were confiscated.
- Balkans | 12 people, including 3 members of the FETÖ terrorist organization, were caught trying to cross into Greece.
- Balkans | Serbia: the country where loyal Putin supporters are
- Balkans | Hungarian military helicopter crash in Croatia
- Balkans | MRF sent a truckload of aid to the earthquake victims in Syria
- Balkans | Kosovo did not allow the Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church to enter the country
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic receives the British special envoy to the Western Balkans Peach
- Balkans | Car collision with Bulgarian and Turkish families in Edirne: 6 injured, including two children
- Balkans | Kosovo: EU ‘take it or leave’ proposal
- Balkans | Kurti visited the Turkish language school in Pristina
- Balkans | The leaders of Serbia and Kosovo meet in Brussels