The team participated in the search and rescue efforts in the earthquake-affected areas of Kahramanmaraş, which was described as the “catastrophe of the century” from Serbia, and left Turkey.
Back in Belgrade, the Serbian Search and Rescue Team was received by Serbian Interior Minister Bratislav Jasic and Turkey’s Ambassador to Belgrade Hami Aksoy.
In his statement here, Jasic said that the search and rescue team, which went to the earthquake zones in Turkey by order of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, immediately proceeded to perform its duties without asking how long it would be there and whether the area would be in the area. It was safe.
Pointing out that the team showed the “best face” of Serbia in the earthquake zones, Jasic said, “I saved 3 lives and helped the Turkish people for 8 days.” He said.
Jacek stated that his country will always extend a helping hand to his friends who need help.
“Serbia has shown that it is a true friend of Turkey”
Ambassador Aksoy said, “Today is really a very meaningful day. I can say that it is the most important day in Turkish-Serbian relations. Today, the Serbian search and rescue team returned to Belgrade. They saved our three lives in Turkey. When the earthquake occurred on February 6th, on the day Next, I met the Minister of the Interior (Bratislav Jasic) and that evening this team set off for Turkey. (The team) was in Turkey right after the earthquake and started the search and rescue effort.” He said.
Recalling the proverb “A friend is known on a dark day,” Aksoy said, “Serbia has shown that it is a true friend of Turkey. Serbia has helped us as an entire country, with in-kind and financial aid.” Use phrases.
The leader of the search and rescue team, Davor Vidović, stated that they have fulfilled their duty to help the Turkish people to the best of their ability.
“We set out with the hope that we could save people’s lives without fear or dilemma. We walked over lands constantly shaken by earthquakes, parents were looking for their children, children were looking for their families. None of us can describe the joy we felt when we found a 17-year-old girl years alive under the rubble.” He said.
- Balkans | The first snow of the season in the mountains around Sarajevo
- Balkan Time | The former president of the American Association of Young Men, Murad, has assessed potential constitutional changes in the country.
- Police fight “mafia cameras” in Albania
- Balkans | President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Şentop: As long as Turkey exists, we stand by the Turks of Western Thrace
- Balkans | Fenerbahçe Beko beat Partizan
- Balkans | Shpasovsky: 48 percent of the administrative positions in the Ministry of Internal Affairs are held by women
- Balkans | Work with a banner in a live broadcast on RTK
- Balkans | The aid campaign “We are with Turkey” will be launched in Macedonia
- Balkans | Kovachevsky: I told the Minister of Health that this is unacceptable
- Balkans | 2022 Nobel Prize winners