Since there is not enough snow in the mountains of Bjelasnica, Igman and Jahorina near Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the ski season has not really started.
In the mountains of Jahorina and Bjelasnica, the minimum requirements for skiing with snow machines were tried, but this method also did not work due to the high temperatures.
Meteorologists have expressed the expectation of heavy snowfall in the last week of December, while operators in the Olympic Mountains are trying to attract the attention of domestic and foreign tourists through the various events and programs they are organizing.
The statement made by the Olympic Center, to which the Bjelasnica and Igman ski centers are affiliated, said that there was great interest in season tickets, that all preparations had been completed, and a sufficient amount of snow was expected.
Source: Balkan News
- Balkans | An important decision for 4 countries from Serbia
- Balkans | A train and a minibus collide in Koprulu; Many wounded
- Balkans | WHO welcomes China’s sharing of data on COVID-19
- Balkans | Albanian Kula, a graduate of Turkey, said he has an academic career thanks to Turkish scholarships.
- Balkans | Anadolu Efes is moving away from Serbia in the Europa League
- Balkans | Bomb threat to 15 schools in Skopje
- Balkans | Greece asks the European Union for more financial and logistical support on migration
- Balkans | Schmidt: Mladic and Karadz are war criminals, not heroes
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev: Cooperation between Turkey and Bulgaria is very important for the security of the region
- Balkans | Health workers in Greece who have not been vaccinated against Kovid-19 are returning to work