The 69-year-old Frenchman, who was taken to a psychiatric clinic yesterday to assess his health, was arrested again on suspicion of organizing the attack that killed 3 people in Paris, the French capital, on December 23.
According to the news of the French BFMTV channel, the suspect, who was transferred to the psychiatric clinic of the police department yesterday to assess his health condition, has been arrested again.
The arrested suspect will appear before the investigating judge tomorrow.
He revealed the existence of a “pathological hatred of strangers”
In the news, which was reported by the French press based on the statement of the Paris Public Prosecutor’s Office, it also reported that the 69-year-old French attacker had confessed to “pathological xenophobia” during his arrest.
The suspect, who is in custody, is also reported to have said that he went to Saint-Denis, a suburb of Paris, where most of the immigrants live, to kill foreigners on the day of the attack, and that he succumbed to the attack he was subjected to. He planned because there were few people and his clothes did not allow his gun to be reloaded.
The attacker also attacked the immigration center before
In the attack on Enghien Street in the 10th district of Paris on December 23, when a French citizen opened fire on those around him, 3 people were killed and 3 people were injured, one of them seriously.
His name in the French press is “William M.” The 69-year-old attacker was arrested at the scene. He stated that the attacker was a French citizen, retired from the official French railway company SNCF.
Police records say the attacker attempted murder twice, in 2016 and 2021.
Yesterday, the doctor who examined the French attacker concluded that the attacker’s health condition was not compatible with the conditions of detention, and the attacker was transferred to a psychiatric clinic within the police.
- Balkans | Greece asks the European Union for more financial and logistical support on migration
- Balkans | Help for Shabani is collected from Justivar, who has been diagnosed with cancer
- Balkans | Application “Association of Bosnian Municipalities” in Serbia
- Balkans | The former president of the Yemeni Youth Association, Murad, was elected to the working group on constitutional amendments
- Balkans | 50 million dollars to combat air pollution in Bosnia
- Balkans | Assistance of Catholics of Bosnia and Herzegovina to earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria
- Balkans | He invited Corti and Vucic to Brussels
- Balkans | US Secretary of State Blinken visits Turkey, Germany and Greece
- Balkans | Turkish President Erdogan meets with the leaders of Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | Strong reaction from Kosovar Interior Minister Svela